The Organising Committee of AAS-in-Asia is calling for proposal submissions. To present your research at the conference your proposal must first pass double-blind peer review. Upon payment of registration fees, your attendance at the conference will be confirmed.
Each proposal must have at least one (1) primary discipline. Select a primary discipline approach. You may also select additional disciplines.
AAS-in-Asia welcomes papers from a wide variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives, and submissions are organised into the disciplines listed below:
- Art/Art History
- Asian American Studies
- Business Management
- Cinema Studies/Film
- Gender & Sexuality
- Information Technology
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Performing Arts
- Political Science
- Population Studies
- Urban Studies
- Women’s Studies
Geographic Areas of Study
Submissions should also address a Geographic Area of Study.
- Border Crossing & Inter-Area
- China and Inner Asia
- Northeast Asia
- South Asia
- Southeast Asia
How to Submit Your Proposal
The Organiser/Submitter must collect and enter the following information for each person participating on the proposal:
- Contact data - Correct spelling of first and last name, email address, rank, affiliation, affiliation country
- Paper Title - Full paper title for each paper being presented on the session (Organised Panels only)
- Paper Abstract - 250 word abstract for each paper (Organised panel only)
Please make sure the proposal adheres to all minimums and maximums as posted in the Call for Proposals. These include abstract word counts, number of paper presenters, and discussants allowed per proposal submission. No exceptions will be allowed.
- To submit, go to IAFOR's online submission system.
- Create your account. Your email address will be used as your username and you will be asked to create a password. Please be aware that the information you enter when creating your account will be used for official Letters of Acceptance, Letters of Invitation, and Conference Programmes, so please ensure correct spelling of names, affiliated institutions, and so forth.
- Submit your proposal, choosing from the presentation formats.
- Your proposal will undergo peer review and the results will be returned to you by February 28, 2020.
- The Program Committee will complete their final decision in February 2020 and session organizers/proposal submitters will be notified of acceptance shortly after the meeting. The Session Organiser/Submitter has the final responsibility of notifying the members of the proposed panel of the Program Committee's decision.
- If your proposal is accepted, all proposed session particiants will be expected to register for the conference.
- Upon payment of the registration fee, you will receive a confirmation email containing your official receipt.
Check on the status of your proposal submission by logging in to the online submission system. The status is displayed in the "Your Submissions" area. Your personal information may be edited at any time.
If your proposal is accepted for presentation at the conference, a notification email will be sent to your registered email address. If you do not receive this email, please contact us at email@example.com. The Session Organiser/Submitter has the final responsibility of notifying the members of the proposed panel of the Program Committee's decision.